Print Friendly Recipe
- A creamy potato soup made with or without dumplings.
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) of sifted flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- Cook celery in 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water just until tender. Do not drain.
- Peel and cube potatoes and put in pot with 2 cups (475 ml) of water.
- Add cooked celery, onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes until there are no definite cubes.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in parsley flakes.
- Beat egg and add milk.
- Add egg and milk to dry ingredients and stir just until moist.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Drop dumplings into soup using a tbsp.
- Turn heat to simmer and cover.
- Don't peek!!! and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- This is a delicious, fast and easy recipe that goes well
with a loaf of fresh italian bread. You can make it with or
without dumplings and leftovers freeze well.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.