Print Friendly Recipe
- Low Fat
- Angela Creighton
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green and/or red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hoison sauce (Chinese barbecue sauce)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). honey
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). curry powder
- 8 oz (224 grm). thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Cook mushrooms, carrots, peppers, onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in bean sprouts and green onion and cook one minute.
- Stir cornstarch into chicken broth.
- Add chicken broth mixture to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients except for spaghetti.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cooked spaghetti and heat through.
- Can also add 3/4 lb. cooked pork, beef or chicken if desired
for a main dish meal.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.