Print Friendly Recipe
- Great for a winter eveing stew
- Pamela M. Garbriel
- 2 oz (56 grm) bacon, chopped
- 8 oz (224 grm) onion,diced
- 1 lb (.5 kg) beef shank, diced small
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) Hungarian paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 qts brown stock or beef broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1 cup (225 ml) potatoes, diced, raw
- standard sachet including caraway seeds,marjoram & lemon zest
- salt & caynne pepper
- Render the bacon & saute the onions until caramelized.
- Add the beef, paprika, & garlic, Stir for one minute.
- Slowly add the flour.
- Add the tomato paste, stock, & sachet.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Add the potatoes during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Adjust the seasoning and top the soup with dumplings & Lemon zest.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.