Print Friendly Recipe
- Rice and beans:
- 1 cup (225 ml) long-grain rice
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Fresh pineapple relish:
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). apricot preserves
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 lb (.5 kg).
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) jerk sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth, defatted*
- 1 ripe papaya, sliced
- Make Rice and Beans:
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Stir in drained beans and heat.
- Make Pineapple Relish:
- Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Cut pork into 8 equal pieces.
- Between 2 sheets of wax paper, press pieces 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat 1 tsp (5 ml) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook, 6 minutes per side until heated through.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tsp (5 ml) oil to skillet.
- Add onion and cook until softened, 5 minutes.
- Stir in preserves, jerk sauce and broth; boil 1 minute.
- Spoon over pork and papaya.
- *To defat broth: Freeze the broth for 30 minutes until fat solidifies on
- the surface. Remove fat from surface with slotted spoon.
- I actually got this recipe from the Ladies Home Journel e-recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.