Print Friendly Recipe
- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.01
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion, minced
- 1 cup (225 ml) carrots, grated
- 1 cup (225 ml) turnips, grated
- 1 cup (225 ml) zucchini, grated
- 1 cup (225 ml) beets, grated
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin, ground
- 3/4 tbsp (10 ml) dill, tarragon; dried; mixed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rolled oats, instant
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) potatoes, mashed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) rice, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for sauteeing (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion, carrots, turnips, zucchini, beets, garlic, cumin and herbs.
- Saute until vegetables begin to wilt, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Soak oats in water for 5 minutes, then drain and press out excess water.
- Add to vegetable mixture along with potatoes, hazelnuts and rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form mixture into 8 patties.
- Grill patties on a well-oiled vegetable grill, or saute in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden.
Per patty: 106 cal; 2 g prot; 4 g fat; 56 g carb; 0 chol; 158 mg sod; 2 g fiber
From: rfvc Digest V94 Issue #181, Aug. 26, 1994
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.