Print Friendly Recipe
- Medium-sized cookies that are almost universal favorites.Easy to make.
- Ed Thoma
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) (1 1/2 sticks) margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) each granulated sugar and firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 pkg (11.5 oz) chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Beat margarine sticks, sugars, and peanut butter in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tbspfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets onto wire racks.
- I tried several versions of peanut butter and chocolate chips cookies, and
this always brings more compliments than others do. So much so that I tossed
the others away and kept this one. Four dozen does not last long with my
friends and relatives, so I usually make a double batch. I hope they bring
you praise as much as they do me.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.