Print Friendly Recipe
- Kate Ransdell
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). fresh scallops (ocean or bay) and/or mild-flavored white fish such as sole or halibut
- 3 large limes, juice only
- 3 large lemons, juice only
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) good olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Mexican oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 serrano chile, chopped (or to taste)
- tortilla chips
- If using ocean scallops, cut into fourths.
- Use bay scallops as is.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the fish in a glass bowl along with the lime and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or until the fish becomes opaque.
- Add the remaining ingredients and refrigerate at least another hour to blend the flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.