Print Friendly Recipe
- Kate Ransdell
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) gin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried oregano, crumbed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 1/2 pound each
- 2 cups (475 ml) thinly sliced red onion
- In a shallow dish whisk together the lemon juice, gin, oregano, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Add the oil in a stream, whisking until marinade is emulsified.
- Add chicken, coating it well with the marinade and let marinate, covered in the refrigerator for about an hour. Reserve the marinade.
- Grill the chicken on an oiled rack set about 6 inches over glowing coals, for 7 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is grilling, in a heavy skillet combine the reserved marinade and the red onions.
- Boil, covered, over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to moderately low and cook, uncovered, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a heated platter and with a slotted spoon, scatter onions around it.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.