Print Friendly Recipe
- A wonderful new flavor for pork or chicken.
- Virginian Pilot Newspaper
- 8 well-trimmed pork chops or cut up chicken pieces
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar or more, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated orange rind
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Heat just enough oil to cover bottom of skillet.
- Brown chops.
- Drain well and place in shallow casserole dish.
- Discard oil in skillet and melt butter.
- Add flour and stir for a minute.
- Gradually add orange juice and wine until well blended.
- Add brown sugar, orange rind and salt.
- Taste for sweetness.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour sauce over chops and bake at 350 degreees for one hour.
- This is equally as good using cut up chicken pieces!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.