Print Friendly Recipe
- 8 Roma tomatoes(about 1 pound), diced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) finely diced red onion
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) loosely packed julienned basil leaves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) finely minced garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Throughly combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- Variation: Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar for a tarter flavor.
- True Italians would double the salt.
- From "The Great Salsa Book" by Mark Miller.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.