Print Friendly Recipe
- Fast and Fresh Cookbook by Lucy Waverman
- Italian roma plum tomatoes
- Rock salt
- Olive oil
- Rosemary sprig or dried chilies
- Wash, halve and seed fresh plum tomatoes.
- Place on racks and bake in a 175 degree (80 C.) oven until wrinkled and dry, 16 to 18 hours.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of rock sale in the bottom of a jar.
- Pack in the tomatoes and cover with olive oil, making sure the tomatoes are completely immersed.
- Add a sprig of rosemary or a couple of dried chilies to the oil, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator for one month before using.
- They last indefinitely in the refrigerator.
- Wait until you get hold of some beautiful, sun-ripened home-grown tomatoes.
Otherwise, use canned whole or pureed, increase the herbs and call it a
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.