Print Friendly Recipe
- Searchable Online Archive of Recipes Internet Site
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 3 med carrots, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 med eggplant, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 med turnip, finely chopped
- 8 cups (1900 ml) stock, water, or combination
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) tomatoes, coarsely chopped, including juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- salt to taste
- In a heavy, large pot, over low heat, cook the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, eggplant and turnip until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes, in a little of the stock. Do not brown.
- Add rest of stock/other liquid.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil and skim off any gray foam that rises to the surface.
- Reduce heat and simmer until veggies are crisp-tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Add herbs, pepper and salt.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.