Print Friendly Recipe
- Marimar Torres, "The Catalan Country Kitchen" , 1992
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) monkfish, in large whole filets, skin and membranes removed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 lg garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lg red bell peppers, cored, seeded, cut into lengthwise strips
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whole almonds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) saffron threads
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fish stock
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper, or to taste
- 1 oz (28 grm) sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake the fish in a buttered baking pan for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut into medallions and set aside. Reserve the baking juice.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet; add the garlic and peppers, and saute over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grind whole almonds finely in a food processor and add to the skillet with the saffron, wine, stock, reserved fish juices, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree.
- Return the sauce to the skillet, add the fish medallions, and heat through.
- Serve immediately, with sliced almonds sprinkled on top.
- Nutrition per serving: 370 calories; 34 g protein; 8 g carbohydrate; 23 g fat (3 g saturated); 103 mg cholesterol; 288 mg sodium; 3 g fiber.
Courtesy of Sean Wenzel website.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.