Print Friendly Recipe
- www.qvc.com " Bob's Online Kitchen"
- 4 cups (950 ml) Onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Butter or margarine
- 2 pounds Potatoes, peeled, boiled, then finely grated (6 cups)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Pepper
- 1/2 pound Muenster cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Olive oil
- In a covered Dutch oven, braise the onions in the butter for 20 minutes, or until soft but no browned. Set aside to cool.
- Thoroughly mix the grated potatoes and onions.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Shape the potato mixture into golf-ball-sized balls.
- Make a well in the center of each ball, then bury some cheese in each ball.
- Flatten each ball into a 3 inch disk.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the Llapingachos 3 or 4 at a time for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add more oil if necessary.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.