Print Friendly Recipe
- Lee Anna
- 1 lb (.5 kg). frozen crawfish tails or about 7 lbs (3.2 kg).live Crawfish*
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp (20 ml). Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- hot oil
- Wash the crawfish tails very well under cold water.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or skillet.
- Mix Tony Chachere's with flour.
- Dredge crawfish through flour mixture.
- Drop into hot oil.
- If you are cooking in a skillet, you might need to turn the crawfish once.
- Cook until golden brown.
- *If you are using live Crawfish, they must be burped in a large tub of salt water.
Then you must pull the tails off while the crawfish are alive or the meat will go bad.
My father owned a crawfish pond when I was a teenager and I spent many hours trapping
and cooking crawfish. I always liked the simple fried crawfish tails, even though
it was hard work to make them. The taste is worth it!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.