Print Friendly Recipe
- A quick casserole that has the same ingredients as cabbage rolls without all the work.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) instant rice, uncooked
- 1 can spaghetti sauce (save 1/3 for top)
- 1 cup (225 ml) tomato juice
- 1/2 medium sized cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of basil
- 1 small onion, diced
- vegetable oil
- Cut cabbage in bite size pieces and boil for 20 minutes or until tender, drain and set aside.
- Fry ground beef, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl put all ingredients except oil and 1/3 of can of spaghetti sauce and mix until everything is covered with sauce.
- In a large roasting pan or casserole dish grease pan with vegetable oil.
- Pour mixture in dish and add remaining sauce on top.
- Cover and bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- I make mine plain but you can add other ingredients and
experiment. It's a fast but good meal and not a lot of work
like rolling cabbage rolls. This freezes well and works
just as good as a side dish. Hope you enjoy it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.