Print Friendly Recipe
- Kate Ransdell
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) yellow corn meal
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) boiling water
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sliced green onions
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (or to desired heat)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- vegetable spray
- In a large bowl mix the tomato bits, corn meal, garlic and water; set aside to let soak for about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix to blend thoroughly.
- Lightly spray loaf pan with vegetable spray and sprinkle a bit of cornmeal in bottom of pan.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf and place in pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers then slice for an excellent sandwich
served on a bun topped with a thin slice of avocado and some salsa.
This is a nice change from your ordinary meatloaf.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.