Print Friendly Recipe
- Served at the Plaza Inn, Disney World
- yumyum.com internet site
- 1 med Onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Butter
- 3 med Leeks, white part only
- 2 pounds Potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 Ham bone, any size
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Thyme leaves, dried
- 6 cups (1425 ml) Chicken or beef stock or water
- 1/2 pint Heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Croutons for garnish
- Brown onions to a light golden color in butter in a saucepan.
- Clean leeks well and slice.
- Peel potatoes and slice.
- Add leeks, potatoes, ham bone, thyme and stock (or water) to onion.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are very soft.
- Remove ham bone and discard.
- Cool potato/leek mixture slightly.
- Puree in a food processor blender and return to pot.
- Add cream and cook a few minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with croutons.
- Meat on ham bone could be chopped and added with cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.