Print Friendly Recipe
- Balducci's in New York City (Ron's Recipe Database)
- 24 Ladyfingers, toasted in a 375 degree oven 15 minutes
- 2 cups (475 ml) Espresso coffee, cooled
- 6 Eggs, separated
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Sugar
- 1 pound Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Marsala wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Triple Sec
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Brandy
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Orange extract
- 8 ounces Bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Arrange the ladyfingers on a plate and lightly soak them with the cooled espresso.
- Put half of the soaked ladyfingers in one layer in a rectangular serving dish.
- While the ladyfingers are soaking, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the yolks turn pale in color.
- Add the mascarpone, the liquors, and the extract, and stir gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a wire whisk until they are stiff.
- Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Use half of this mixture to make a layer of top of the ladyfingers in the serving dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate.
- Repeat the procedure with another layer of soaked ladyfingers, the mascarpone mixture and chocolate.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Ron's Recipe Database (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.