Print Friendly Recipe
- Searchable Online Archive of Recipes Internet site
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour, all-purpose
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) tomato paste
- 2 cups (475 ml) fish stock (see note)
- 1 cup (225 ml) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) crayfish meat
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour until smooth.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes, until roux is dark brown.
- Stir in chopped white and green onions, celery and garlic; cook about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste to fish stock.
- Stir into onion mixture.
- Add tomatoes, crayfish, parsley and seasonings; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Note: Make fish stock from heads and tails of fish and/or crayfish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.