Print Friendly Recipe
- Via MealMaster at Searchable Online Archive of Recipes Site
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Canola oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) Onions, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pound Crawfish tails (or shrimp)
- 1-1/8 cups (275 ml) Uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Green pepper, chopped
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) Cayenne pepper, or to taste
- In a large pot, over medium-low heat, make a roux with flour and oil. Cook, stirring constantly, until roux is golden brown and smooth, at least 20 minutes, preferably longer.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until almost soft.
- Add 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold water and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add crawfish and cook about 10 minutes. Note: If using chicken or sausage, cook ingredients longer to ensure they'll be done when rice is done.
- Add more 2 cups (475 ml) water and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to blend, but not too much.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and cook about 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Try not to open lid during final cooking.
- Fluff rice thoroughly with fork before serving.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.