Print Friendly Recipe
- Marilee Johnson, Illinois Beef Council via Internet site
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 ml). fresh ginger, grated OR 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). water
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). package frozen pea pods
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked rice, cold
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 ml). sesame oil
- Use large, nonstick pan.
- Add beef, garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat until beef is no longer pink (breaking meat into 3/4-inch crumbles), about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon; pour off any dripping.
- In same skillet, heat water over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add bell pepper and pea pods.
- Cook 3 minutes, or until bell pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice, soy sauce and sesame oil; mix well.
- Return beef to skillet and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in green onions before serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.