Print Friendly Recipe
- This lasagne does not contain a red tomato sauce like the typical lasagne does It has a delicious creamy white cheese sauce.
- Libby McBrian
- 1 small onion
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter
- 4-1/2 tbsp (70 ml) flour
- 1-1/8 cups (275 ml) parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups (475 ml) spinach, zucchini, or other vegetable
- lasagna noodles, partially cooked
- Chop onion into small bits and cook slightly in butter.
- Stir in flour and cook slightly.
- Add cheese and a dash of salt.
- Stir constantly until thickened.
- Stir in milk and continue to cook until thick cream.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Add a little bit of cheese sauce mixture to eggs and stir quickly to keep eggs from cooking.
- Then pour eggs into cheese mixture and stir vigorously to keep eggs from cooking.
- Once eggs are incorporated into cheese sauce mixture, cook until thick, approximately 10 minutes.
- Layer in casserole as follows:
- vegetable of your choice (spinach or grilled zucchini)
- Cook at 350 degrees (175 C.) until heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- You can add any type of vegetable you like. I have found that I prefer
the zucchini to be slightly grilled before using in lasagne. Enjoy!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.