Print Friendly Recipe
- Jo & Pete via Searchable Online Archive of Recipes Internet
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package spaghetti
- salt, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fresh oregano, chopped OR 1 tsp (5 ml). dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). cheese such as provolone, mozzarella or fontina, sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). jar spaghetti sauce
- Cook spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, shape ground beef into 4 oval patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- In large skillet, fry patties until browned on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove patties to platter.
- Add onion to drippings in pan and cook until tender.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and peppers.
- Cook until tender-crisp.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir the oregano and spaghetti sauce into vegetables and heat to boiling.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Return beef patties to skillet.
- Top each with a cheese slice and heat through.
- Drain spaghetti and place on serving platter.
- With pancake turner, transfer patties and pour sauce over whole mixture.
- Garnish with fresh oregano if desired.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.