Print Friendly Recipe
- email@example.com/MealMaster/SOAR Internet site
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) crackers, crushed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 4 sticks cheese, each stick 2 inch x 1 inch
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can beef broth
- 1/2 can water (beef broth can)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornstarch
- In medium bowl, place beef, crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Mix together lightly, but thoroughly.
- Shape into 4 oval patties.
- Enclose a cheese stick in each patty, covering cheese completely and tightly.
- Brown patties in a little butter in skillet.
- In skillet with cover, bring broth and water to a boil.
- Add patties to the skillet.
- Surround with onions; cover.
- Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat.
- Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water.
- Add to skillet and cook mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Add meat and heat if necessary.
- Note: Before you fold the meat over the cheese, moisten the edges which
are to be folded over with a bit of water. This will help assure that the
meat adheres to itself, over the cheese filling.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.