Print Friendly Recipe
- Deviled crab the way it was MEANT to be. Heavenly!
- OF TIDE & THYME COOKBOOK by the Junior League of Annapolis
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) red pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). crabmeat, shell and cartilage removed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter. Remove from heat.
- Combine onion, mayonnaise, eggs, and 1/3 cup (80 ml) of the bread crumbs, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper.
- Add crabmeat and stir until just blended.
- Place crab mixture in cleaned crab shells or individual ramekins.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- The cookbook this came from is one of the best I have found in many years.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.