Print Friendly Recipe
- la Hotel des Bains
Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). crab meat (white and claw mixed)
- 6 empty hard shell crab shells
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). strained lime juice
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). melted butter
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). chives
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). lean bacon, minced fine
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fine bread crumbs
- 3 slices of soft bread
- Figure two parts crab meat to one part soft bread.
- Moisten bread with cream and bitters mix.
- Saute garlic, shallots and pepper, with bacon.
- Mix everything thoroughly, stuff shells previously coated with olive oil.
- Cover with fine bread crumbs, dot with butter or olive oil, brown around 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Seasoning is always to taste, of course, but these are better if a little peppery.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.