Print Friendly Recipe
- Kate Ransdell
- 1 3-ounce package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) mascarpone cheese
- 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) Cool Whip
- 1 angel food cake loaf
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) hot water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Kahlua
- Garnish: cocoa
- Combine pudding mix and milk in saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add mascarpone cheese, beat at low speed with electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold in 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) Cool Whip and set aside.
- Slice angel food cake in half horizontally.
- Cut each layer into 16 equal rectangles and set aside.
- Dissolve instant coffee granules in hot water, stir in brandy and Kahlua.
- Brush coffee mixture over tops and bottoms of cake pieces.
- Line bottom and sides of a 3-quart trifle bowl or souffle dish with cake pieces; cover with half of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat procedure with remaining cake and pudding mixture, ending with pudding mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate AT LEAST 8 hours, preferrably overnight.
- Spread remaining 1 cup (225 ml) Cool Whip over top and garnish with sprinkling of cocoa.
- You could reduce the calories and fat grams considerably by substituting
skim milk for the whole milk and by substituting the mascarpone with
1 8 oz. package reduced fat cream cheese, 3 tablespoons reduced fat sour
cream and 2 tablespoons skim milk. This saves about 5.4 fat grams and
46 calories per serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.