Print Friendly Recipe
- Zinfandel Cookbook
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) curry powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground coriander
- 4 cups (950 ml) peeled, diced butternut squash
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and white pepper
- Melt butter in 5-qt. pan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, for five minutes or til soft but not brown.
- Stir in curry powder, ginger, and coriander and cook one minute.
- Add squash, apple, carrot, stock and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Pour off and reserve 1 cup (225 ml) of the liquid. (If you have an immersible hand-blender you may omit the last step and puree in he pan...don't forget to remove the bay leaf first!)
- In a foood processsor or blender, puree soup, one portionat a time, until smoth.
- Return to pan, add reserved cooking liquid until soup is of desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper'
- To serve, garnish with chopped hazelnuts or sliced almonds as desired.
- This is an excellent, easy recipe for a low fat, tasty nutritious winter soup.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.