Print Friendly Recipe
- Tarte Tatin with White Onion and Chicken in a Blood Orange Sauce
- ready-made puff pastry
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- fresh basil
- white wine
- 4 blood oranges
- 1 small egg
- Heat oil in heavy frying pan.
- Over low heat fry the onions and chicken until chicken browned and onions soft.
- Add basil, salt, pepper, juice of half an orange and a little sugar.
- Roll out pastry.
- Put chicken mix in ovenproof deep plate.
- Put pastry over top and press down so it moulds to shape underneath.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) till pastry puffy and golden.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and add remaining orange juice, add a little sugar and season to taste.
- Reduce down to a caramel like texture.
- Invert the baked pastry onto a plate and top with the sauce.
- One course from this years Valentine's menu!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.