Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 med head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 stalk of celery,finely chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sausage
- 1 can stewed tomatos
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- Note: amounts are approximate. Adjust to taste.This is a sweet soup.
- Brown the sausage in a pot and remove, leaving the drippings.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) of water and bouillon cube to the drippings and let the bouillon cube dissolve.
- Cook the cabbage, carrot, celery and onion in the drippings/liquid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and simmer about an hour.
- This is a sweet, spicy soup so be generous with the seasonings in order
to really appreciate the flavor. The longer this soup sits, the better
it tastes--makes a good leftover.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.