Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) marjoram
- 1 lb (.5 kg) yellow or green split peas
- 2 smoked pork chops
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, choped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cover smoked chops with water in a 4 qt pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add all but potatoes.
- Cook until carrots are tender.
- Drop in potatoes and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until peas and potatoes are done.
- If too thick, add a little water at a time.
- I used to use 2 smoked ham hocks, but now that I am a little
fat free concerned, I have switched to the chops and find
them even better.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.