Print Friendly Recipe
- Kelli Greene
- 5 medium parsnips (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine, softened
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- Pare, cut, and cook parsnips in boiling salted water; mash.
- Mix parsnips, flour, salt, pepper, margarine, onion, and egg.
- Shape into 8 patties. Coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat shortening in 10 inch skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Cook patties in shortening about 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- 315 calories per serving
From: Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.