Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 packages dry split peas
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chicken bouillon granules
- 1 meaty ham bone and sliced chunks of ham
- 1 large onion,chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) marjoram, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 potatoes,cut into cubes
- Rinse peas.
- In a Dutch oven combine peas, 8 cups (1900 ml) cold water, bouillon, ham bone and ham, onion, pepper, and marjoram.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in carrots, celery, and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or more, till vegetables are done.
- Season, serve with toast squares.
- This is a recipe that my Mom made, has been in the family for years!!!
Hope that you enjoy it!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.