Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy and good spanish rice even the kids will love.
- none, passed on from my mother
- 1 cup (225 ml) uncooked white rice
- 1 can tomato soup (keep can)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (keep can)
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 of an onion minced
- water (use the cans that the tomato soup and sauce were in)
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated chedder cheese
- Brown the ground beef and set aside.
- In a large casserole dish, combine uncooked rice, tomato soup, tomato sauce, and one can each of water using both the soup and sauce cans, mix together.
- Stir in the onions and cooked ground beef.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Stir rice a couple of times while baking.
- Once the rice is done remove from oven and spread grated cheese over the top.
- Put the lid back on and return to oven until the cheese is melted.
- BE CAREFUL THIS WILL BE VERY HOT!!
Makes a great side dish for tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.
It's also great the next day.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.