Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:Makes 10 Cups
- 2-Inch Cube Salt Pork, diced small
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Cups (475 ml) corn kernels
- 3 Cups (700 ml) milk
- 3 Tbs (45 ml). butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook the salt pork slowly in a deep pan until the fat has melted and the pieces are brown.
- Pour off all but 2 tbsp (30 ml) of fat.
- Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and 3 cups (700 ml) water and cover.
- Cook until potatoes are just tender.
- Add the corn and milk.
- Cook 5 minutes more.
- Before serving, add the butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- You can use the commercially frozen corn, but fresh summer corn is better.
This is a recipe from THE FANNIE FARMER COOKBOOK, my souce for many old
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.