Print Friendly Recipe
- Community Church of Hudson Cookbook, 1975
- 2 cups (475 ml) Great Northern beans
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). soda
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sorghum
- 6 to 8 slices bacon (diced)
- Cover beans with cold water and bring to boil.
- Add soda and let boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with water.
- Cover with warm water and let cook for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Put into casserole dish and add rest of ingredients.
- Bake for at least 1 hour in 350 degree (175 C.) oven.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.