Print Friendly Recipe
- The Wide, Wide World of Texas Cooking
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). butter
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). scraped onion pulp
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) very finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Melt butter in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Add flour and blend.
- Stir in milk and continue stirring until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Add salt, onion pulp, parsley and chopped egg, and blend.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes over moderate heat and serve from sauceboat.
- This Parsley sauce (or one similar to it) is often served with fish
and sometimes bland meat.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.