Print Friendly Recipe
- The Quick & Easy Electic Skillet Cookbook By: Ceil Dyer
- 1 7-1/2-ounce can salmon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Remove the skin and bones from salmon and mash fine.
- Separate the eggs.
- Add egg yolks and cream to salmon and blend well.
- Mix in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Pour into 8 well-greased custard cups.
- Preheat skillet to 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Place custards cups in skillet.
- Pour sufficient hot water around them to reach halfway up the cups.
- Cover skillet and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plates.
- Note: this could also be baked in an oven in a water bath. Cooking time will vary.
- Insert in book: I serve these little salmon custards with creamed peas and
pickled peaches, which seem to go well together.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.