Print Friendly Recipe
- Better Homes & Gardens Barbecue Book, 1956
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 8 frankfurters
- 5 cups (1175 ml) pork and beans
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) molasses
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced or 1 cup (225 ml), drained, canned tomatoes
- Cook onion in hot butter till tender but not brown.
- Slice 2 of the frankfurters in rounds.
- Combine with the beans, molasses, mustard and salt.
- In a greased 2-quart casserole, alternate layers of the bean and frankfurter mixture with tomato and onion.
- Arrange the remaining frankfurters in spoke fashion on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Dip spoon deep down for slices of hot dog, tomato, and onion between l
ayers of beans. Top with hot dogs, have brown bread or hot corn sticks
with this yummy dish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.