Print Friendly Recipe
- Crockery Cooking By: Irena Chalmers, 1975
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). round or chuck steak cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green pitted olives
- 2 oz (56 grm). can anchovies, drained
- 4 oz (112 grm). pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). oregano
- 2 tTbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beef broth
- cooked buttered noodles
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Trim the beef to remove all the fat.
- Place the beef in a crockpot.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the beef and stir to coat the cubes.
- Cover and cook on low temperature for 10 hours.
- Chill stew and remove the fat that rises to the surface.
- Reheat for 4 hours on low temperature.
- Serve with noodles dotted with butter and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
- It is important to keep the cooked stew in the refrigerator for at least
a day, and preferably two days before serving so that all the flavors
will arrive at their full peak of perfection.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.