Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
- 1 6 lb (2.7 kg). pork crown roast
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery
- 1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 3/4 cup (175 ml) of water
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fresh pork sausage
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small can mushrooms
- dash thyme, basil, cumin, salt and pepper
- Adolph's meat tenderizer
- Season roast with salt, pepper and Adolph's meat tenderizer.
- Saute onion, green pepper and celery in 1/2 stick of butter.
- Fry sausage until brown.
- Mix onion mixture, sausage, stuffing mix, bouillon, mushrooms, and seasonings.
- Stuff center of roast.
- Place in shallow roasting pan.
- Loosly cover top of roast with tin foil.
- Cook at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove tin foil for last part of cooking so top of roast will brown and stuffing will form a crust.
- This is one of my favorite recipes from my Mother. I love preparing this
for a dinner party...it makes a beautiful presentation. Just tell your
butcher how many you want to serve and he will prepare the roast accordingly.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.