Print Friendly Recipe
- Beef with Red Wine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 12 small onions
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean beef
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 peppercorns
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme or marjoram
- Red wine and water (3/4 wine to 1/4 water)
- 1 cup (225 ml) mushrooms
- hot cooked noodles
- Preheat oven 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Saute lightly the onions in the butter. Remove onions.
- Cut beef into 1 inch cubes and lightly brown in butter.
- Sprinkle the meat with flour.
- Place in ovenproof dish with salt, peppercorns, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover meat with wine and water.
- Cook covered in oven for 1 hour.
- Place onions on top and add mushrooms.
- Cook another hour.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- My husband and I had this meal at a dinner party and I just had to have
the recipe. Enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.