Print Friendly Recipe
- Very Sweet, pretty little eggs.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely chopped pecans
- 3 cups (700 ml) sifted confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Paste food coloring
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in pecans, sugar, milk, and vanilla, blending well.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill 2 to 3 hours.
- Shape candy mixture into 1 1/2 inch long egg shapes and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Melt and temper chocolate.
- Use a fondue fork to dip candy eggs into melted chocolate.
- Place on wire racks with waxed paper underneath.
- Allow coating to harden.
- To speckle eggs, place a small amount of food coloring on a paper plate.
- Crumple a small piece of waxed paper and dip into food coloring; blot on plate.
- Gently stamp egg to make speckles.
- Using a paper towel, carefully blot egg to absorb heavy areas of food coloring.
- Repeat with as many colors as you like.
- I use two or more different colors and make different color eggs.
- Let eggs sit uncovered until dry. Do not refrigerate.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.