Print Friendly Recipe
- Yummy and rich
- 1 pound loaf stale white bread
- 1 qt. milk
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) sweet butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 8 tbsp (125 ml) butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) powder sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) rum extract or liquer
- Crumble bread in large bowl.
- Pour milk over and let stand.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.). Grease 9 inch X 13 inch baking pan or dish.
- Mix together eggs, sugars, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Stir mixture into softened bread and stir in rasins and pecans.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and set in middle rack of oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for one hour or until brown and set.
- In double boiler, over low heat, stir butter and sugar until sugar has cocmpletely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and whisk in egg until it cools to room temp.
- When bread pudding has cooled cut into squares and serve with sauce ladled over top.
- This is a great bread pudding. The rum sauce makes a creamy
consistancy that beats even Ice Cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.