Print Friendly Recipe
- I don't know where you can buy duck blood, unless you are near a duck farm.
- Polish Heirloom Recipes (Lilann)
- Fresh blood from one duck
- 1 lb (.5 kg). country ribs
- 1 herb bouquet
- 4 whole allspice
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 whole peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- 10 prunes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sweet cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- salt, to taste
- potato dumplings
- Into a glass bowl, pour the vinegar and mix in the duck blood; set aside.
- Cover meat with water and add herbs and spices to cook for about 2 hours.
- Strain soup and return to kettle.
- Add fruit and cook 1/2 hour longer.
- Mix flour into blood mixture, add 3 Tbsp (45 ml). soup stock and pour into soup stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and cream and bring to boiling; reduce to a simmer.
- Serve over Kluski or potato dumplings.
- Polish names: Kluski lazanki or Kartoflane Kluski.
- My aunt made this great soup and served it over Kluski.
It is a soup that you should have been raised on to appreciate.
My husband loved it until he was told it was duck's blood soup.
I would keep that a secret from now on.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.