Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:5 or more
- 9 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 20 oz (560 grm). chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sweet cream (milk can be substituted)
- Combine all ingredients except cream in a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves; puree in food processor or blender.
- Stir in cream; return to pot and heat to serving temperature--do not boil.
- Taste before serving. If carrots are bitter, add a little sugar.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with fresh parsley and small croutons.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.