Print Friendly Recipe
- Tricia G
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ground chuck
- 2 tsp (10 ml) onion powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic powder
- 1 small onion (i use dried onion)
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar, add until desired sweetness
- lemon juice
- 2 cans tomato sauce (depends on how much sauce you want)
- 1 sm. can tomato paste
- Make meatballs from ground chuck, brown.
- Drain grease.
- Add onion, continue browning.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, onion and garlic powder, lemon juice (a few drops) and brown sugar.
- Mix all ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.
- Simmering for 1 hour mixes all the ingredients and the sugar sweetens the sauce.
- You may add the brown sugar to your liking.
- This recipe originally used kosher hamburger, but I use regular ground chuck
instead. It was given to me as a wedding gift in a cookbook that
contained family recipes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.