Print Friendly Recipe
- White cake with Rhubarb in it.
- Carol Stanley
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk or sour milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- Cream the margarine and brown sugar, then add egg.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add alternately the milk and dry ingredients.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Grease a square pan and bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Topping: Put 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar and 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon on cake 20 minutes before removing from oven.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.