Print Friendly Recipe
- Fast, easy, and delicious
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) veg. oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 finely diced carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). crushed red pepper
- 2 16-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can chicken stock (13 oz (364 grm).)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) loosely packed fesh cilantro leaves, chopped
- lime wedges
- In 3-quart saucepan, saute onion and carrot in the oil 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin and cushed red pepper. Cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in beans, broth and 2 cups (475 ml) water.
- Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- In blender, in small batches, or in the pot with a hand-held (much easier) in the pot, blend until almost smooth.
- Return to pan and heat through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Each serving: 265 calories, 22gm protein, 6 gm fat, 14 gm fiber
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.